Infor delivers fully integrated enterprise solutions for a wide range of industries, as well as best-in-class, stand-alone products that address the essential challenges its customers face in areas such as enterprise resource planning, supply chain planning and execution, customer and supplier relationship management, asset management, product lifecycle management, financial and performance management, and business intelligence. With 8,100 employees and offices in over 100 countries, Infor provides enterprise solutions to more than 70,000 customers. For additional information, visitwww.infor.com.
POSITION: Technical Writer
LOCATION: USA: Greenville, SC at 50 Datastream Plaza
The Technical Writer plans, organizes, writes and codes online help, user, installation, and release-related documentation for business software. The Technical Writer interacts with development teams that include programmers, business analysts, quality assurance specialists, and customer support consultants.
- Gather information, interpret product business and technical designs, and organize content for documentation projects.
- Determine important information about a product, function, or task from the audience perspective; provide key content that enables users to use a software application effectively.
- Write content that is clear, concise, grammatically correct, and adheres to standards.
- Work with designated reviewers to ensure technical accuracy and appropriateness of documentation.
- Balance multiple projects and follow through on project deadlines and deliverables.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Information Design, English, Business, or related field.
- Expert knowledge of English language.
- Experience using technical writing authoring tools.
- Experience using various computer operating systems, file management tools, and common office application tools.
- Ability to work productively with software development teams in the same or different locations and to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn CRM software applications.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn HTML or XML.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Competent visual design knowledge and ability to use tools to produce diagrams.
Infor Global Solutions offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Infor respects and embraces diversity in our workforce. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
To apply, visit http://myportal.infor.com/hr/careers/JobDetails.aspx?jobID=1107.